In 1321, sultan Alaaddin Keykubat of the Seljuk Empire commissioned a mosque just outside the İçkale. This mosque later collapsed, and in the 16th century, Sultan Süleyman the Magnificent of the Ottoman Empire, commissioned to rebuild the old mosque. It is also known as the ”Alaaddin Mosque” and the “Kale Mosque”. The mosque, built in rough stone over a square plan, has a single minaret and a tile clad dome seated on an octagonal drum. It features exquisite examples of Ottoman era woodcarving.