Alanya provides superb facilities for the following sports, at both amateur and professional level: smimming, diving, tennis, table tennis, football, beach football, handball, volleyball, beach volleyball, basketball, trekking, hunting, rafting, parasailing, paragliding, jet skiing, pedalo and water skiing. The annual triathlon and beach volleyball competitions are attractive options for both participants and spectators.
Jeep safari is a major attraction in Alanya, where the plateaus provide a unique setting. Jeeps can be easily hired for individual exploration, while travel agents also organize group tours. A jeep safari along a dirt road, driving in harmony with nature, is priceless.
In Alanya, another option for adrenalin junkies is rafting. Uçan Su (Flying water) Falls, Köprülü Kanyon (Bridged Canyon) and Alara Stream are among the most suitable areas for rafting. The dory, dingy and power boats are available at those sites to provide thrills for adventure seekers.
Some of the International and Local Activities Organised in Alanya
- Alanya International Street Basketball Tournament – April
- Alanya Duathlon (Cycling and Running) – 12 May
- Alanya International Street Handball Tour – 25—30 June
- Alanya Beach Football – 4—16 July
- Alanya Beach Volleyball – July
- Alanya International Mountain Bike – 13 October Competition
- Alanya International Triathlon – 24 October (Swimming, Cycling, Running)